TURKANA UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
The Cradle of Knowledge
COORDINATOR RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Name : Evans Otieno
Qualifcation: MA Project Planning and Management, BA.MATH ECON
Academic Position: Assistant Lecturer
University Responsibility: Turkana University College Research and Development Coordinator
• Engage in individual and collaborative research, establishing a distinctive programme of
research and disseminating results through regular publications in high impact journals, books and conference proceedings.
• Apply, as Principal or Co-Investigator, to appropriate external bodies for research funding
and manage grants awarded.
• Supervise research Turkana University College students and staff as required, providing direction, support and guidance.
• Design and deliver a range of teaching materials at undergraduate and postgraduate
levels, including contribution to curriculum review and enhancement, in a manner that supports a research-led approach to student learning.
• Undertake student assessment and examination activities, including the provision of
appropriate feedback to students.
• Develop knowledge exchange activities by, for example, establishing research and/or
educational links with industry and influencing public policy and the professions.